The Easiest Vegan Taco Soup
You know those nights where you’re tired and lazy and you’d rather do anything than cook dinner? We predict this soup will be your new go-to for those nights. It’s super easy and quick to whip up, but the taste pay-off is major. Store these items in your pantry and a delicious dinner will be yours in less than half an hour.
If you’re missing a canned ingredient or two, feel free to omit. This recipe is quite forgiving.
- Yellow onion
- 2 T Olive oil
- 1 T Minced garlic (jarred or fresh, whatever you have the energy for)
- 1 15oz can of black beans, drained
- 1 15oz can of pinto beans, drained
- 1 15oz can of corn, drained
- 1 15oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz can of vegetable broth
- 1 10oz can of Rotel tomatoes
- 8oz of hominy (about half a can), drained
- 1.5 packets of taco seasoning
- Vegan sour cream, vegan cheese, avocado, corn chips for garnish. Whatever floats your boat!
- Start by chopping up your onion into small chunks to whatever size you prefer to eat in soup.
- Brown the onions in the olive oil until fragrant over medium heat. They’ll start to smell detectable and be a light brown color.
- Add the garlic once the onions are about done and stir it around a bit. It will brown quickly.
- Add all of the other ingredients to the pot.
- Let the flavors all marry together, about twenty minutes or as long as you can stand.
- Serve with whatever vegan garnishes you like. We’re partial to some fresh avocado chunks and corn chips for scooping.
Servings: Serves about 6 hearty bowls
Do you want more easy vegan recipes like this one?
Download my ebook, 'The 30 Day Vegan Challenge: An Approachable, Easy-to-follow Recipe Guidebook for New Vegans'. It is chock full of easy vegan recipes like this one, plus lots of tips for transitioning to veganism. It also includes a full meal plan for the 30-day challenge.