Easy Vegan Recipes: White Wine Veggie Pasta
Today we've decided to share one of our very favorite recipes from our upcoming book, 'The 30 Day Vegan Challenge: An Approachable, Easy-to-follow Recipe Guidebook for New Vegans'. The book is currently with the designer and will be released in the next month!
This recipe for Easy White Wine Pasta is perfect for nights where you want something comforting, easy and nutritious. It comes together in about twenty minutes or so. Flexibility is the name of the game here - you can sub in pretty much any veggie for the asparagus or peas. We hope you enjoy!
- 8 Ounces Orichette Pasta – about half a box
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Dry White Wine (I use Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio. Any dry white wine works, though. I’d avoid the sweeter whites like Moscato since it will leave the dish less savory than intended.)
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic (Fresh or jarred, choose your own adventure)
- 1 Small White Onion, chopped
- Juice of ½ large Lemon
- 3 Tablespoons Vegan Butter (I prefer Earth Balance brand)
- About 10 spears of Asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into about 1.5 inch pieces. If asparagus is unavailable, broccoli works as well
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- Cook pasta according to packaging directions, adding salt to water. Drain.
- When the pasta is just about done cooking, begin the white wine sauce. It comes together in a flash, so you want the pasta to be just about finished cooking before you start it.
- Melt vegan butter in a pan. Brown onions in the butter, about five minutes or so. Add garlic and allow to brown, about 1 minute. Add white wine, lemon juice, peas and asparagus. Allow to cook about 3 minutes or so. You want the asparagus to have snap left in it. Stir in drained pasta.
- If you want carb overload, enjoy with a chunky bread to sop up the white wine sauce.
Do you want more easy vegan recipes like this one?
This exact recipe and 30+ more recipes is available in our book. Download 'The 30 Day Vegan Challenge: An Approachable, Easy-to-follow Recipe Guidebook for New Vegans'. It is chock full of easy vegan recipes like this one, plus lots of tips for transitioning to veganism. It also includes a full meal plan for the 30-day challenge.